The World

Since I have yet to disclose very much information about myself, I think that today is the perfect day to share a little more. I have been continuing to look up, but today in the car (as I looked ahead… at the road) I was thinking about a variety of things that lead to my thoughts about the future. You see, in Spanish class, we have pen pals from Argentina that we are going to be corresponding with. We write to them in Spanish, and they write to us in English. My pen pal has yet to reply. Though I am trying to be patient, I am chomping at the bit to see a letter from her in my inbox!

What does this have to do with my future, you might ask? Well, let me explain. One of my passions is learning about other cultures as well as other languages. The fact that I am going to talk with this girl from a country far from my own is so cool! Being able to speak Spanish is one of my life goals, and in college I plan to major or minor on the subject.  I just find the idea of speaking with someone in a language foreign to my own so incredibly intriguing.

This being said, studying abroad in college is definitely on my to-do list. I am almost positive that, a year from now, I will be attending the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. Other than being home to the mighty Huskers, this school just has it all. While visiting the university over the summer, I found that UNL has an excellent pre-health program. I am looking to pursue a career as a Physician Assistant, so this initially caught my eye. However, I could go on and on about becoming a PA, so I will leave that for another time. On top of the pre-health program, the Spanish department at UNL is awesome, and there are numerous study abroad options that I will hopefully get the opportunity to partake in.

The beautiful picture featured above as my header just sets me off into a multitude of daydreams about seeing the world. I love Nebraska, and more than likely it will always be my home, but I can’t wait for the day when I can look up and see the Eiffel tower standing tall before me. I can’t wait until I can look up and see Big Ben housed snugly in Elizabeth tower. I can’t wait to walk through the colorful streets of Barcelona, Spain and look up at the beautiful architecture. I can’t wait to look up and see the world.

2 thoughts on “The World

1. This summer I was able to visit Antoni Gaudi’s home in Barcelona. I hope you are able to visit it someday. It is one of the most breathtaking cities in the world. I also hope you get to experience the joy of studying abroad. The experience of travel is one of the most authentic ways to learn that I can think of. If it is something you want to do, I believe you will do it. (And, I’m glad to learn that you make exceptions to looking up, when safety is a concern.)

2. I dreamed of visiting the Eiffle Tower when I was your age. Finally this summer, that dream came true! It brought tears to my eyes. It didn’t happen as soon as I thought it would but never give up on something you truly want to do!