All-State Experience

This last week, I sang in the 2014 Nebraska All-State Chorus. It was an indescribable experience. This is my second year attending All-State, but I was just as blown away as I was the first time. The sound that the choir makes is breathtaking. I feel so blessed to have been a part of making such a beautiful sound.

In its entirety, All-State was three days and two nights. The girls that sat around me were kind and fun to be around. One girl that sat to my left had a lovely accent. Being so interested in other cultures, I couldn’t help but to ask her about it. She told me that she moved here from Mexico three years ago, and I told her about how interested I was in learning Spanish. Then, it was time to sing again, but during our next break between songs our conversation started up again. This time, it was turned around, and sort of comical!

The girl turned to me and said that is sounded like I had an accent as well, and she asked if I was from Germany! I laughed and told her I was not. She was surprised and then described to me a foreign exchange student at her school that was from Germany…who I apparently looked and sounded just like.

The topic came up a few times later, and I found the entire situation to be quite charming. I really enjoyed getting to know her. Overall, this is one of the smaller things that I found made my experience at All-State so wonderful. I’m glad I can look up I see that there are so many little things that make great things so great.

Oh! Also, if you ever get the chance to go watch the All-State Chorus perform, I highly suggest it! Have a lovely week! Happy Thanksgiving! (: